San Bernardino County Transportation Authority & HNTB
I-10 Express Lanes Project Disadvantaged Business Enterprise and Labor Compliance Consulting Services
San Bernardino County Transportation Authority (SBCTA)/HNTB, Interstate 10 Express Lanes Project, Contract 1, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and Labor Compliance Consulting Services
GCAP was selected by HNTB, the prime contractor, to serve as a subconsultant responsible for providing a variety of DBE and labor compliance consulting services.
Labor Compliance services included:
- Developing a “Federal On-the-Job Training (OJT) Participation” goal.
- Developing processes and procedures for labor compliance.
- Identifying State prevailing wage rate determinations applicable to the project.
- Presenting at pre-bid meeting.
- Verifying compliance with California’s Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) requirements for labor compliance.
- Providing periodic audits of Design-Builder (DB), Tolling Service Provider (TSP, and other contractor’s compliance.
- Making recommendations, as appropriate, on resolution of prevailing wage violations.
- Ongoing monitoring of DB, TSP, and other contractors Certified Payroll Reports.
- Conducting jobsite visits.
- Providing technical assistance to contractors regarding labor compliance inquiries
DBE compliance services included:
- Developing a DBE Contractor Performance Plan and DBE Request for Proposal language.
- Developing contract-specific DBE goals for applicable procurements.
- Performing ongoing DBE participation monitoring including confirming proper DBE participation crediting.
- Reviewing prompt payment compliance.
- Conducting Commercially Useful Function (CUF) reviews.
- Conducting Good Faith Efforts reviews of proposers.
- Reviewing DB, TSP, and other applicable contractors’ DBE reports for accuracy and coordinating with contractors to reconcile discrepancies.
- Preparing DBE compliance reports.