PLA and Labor Compliance
GCAP has been providing labor compliance services for over twenty-five (25) years. We offer an all-inclusive range of compliance monitoring encompassing pre-award, ongoing post-award review, and culminating in closeout. The GCAP team has extensive knowledge and practical experience with Davis-Bacon requirements, HUD-CDBG Section 3, and state DIR labor regulations. GCAP’s methodology for monitoring focuses on communication, collaboration, and cohesion. Our support-based approach helps ensure compliance, productivity, and successful results.
In addition to Davis-Bacon and DIR prevailing wage reviews, GCAP is involved in the development, implementation, and provision of Project Labor Agreements (PLAs). We understand PLAs from a broad perspective as well as the detailed nuances of PLAs that include local preference and community hire requirements. Our perspective in this area helps us to effectively communicate with contractors and inform the local community of construction opportunities.
GCAP clients include government agencies, construction management firms, prime contractors, sub-contractors, and non-profit organizations.
- Development of labor compliance reference guides and manuals
- Labor compliance training
- Certified payroll review and compliance reporting
- Identification and resolution of violations, complaints, and grievances
- Targeted worker and local hire work program development
- Labor compliance system implementation
- PLA implementation support and training
- One-on-one support for all compliance/PLA-related concerns
- Construction site visits and worker interviews
- Contractor technical assistance
- Apprenticeship monitoring
- Work with unions and contractors to ensure maximum utilization of apprentices
- Pre-Bid support (review solicitation documents and presentation of requirements)
- Pre-Construction meetings
- Audit support services (experience with DIR, Caltrans, and DOL audits)
- Title VI Plan development and support
- Private construction AB-1701 compliance monitoring