GCAP has participated in over twenty-five (25) availability and disparity studies. These studies involve the examination of local, state, and United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) funded contracts awarded in order to determine the utilization of minority-owned, women-owned, and other diverse businesses in the respective marketplace. Studies also involve identifying methods to extend contracting to local and diverse businesses.
- Interviews with minority and women business owners
- Identification of contracting challenges and obstacles
- Establishing effective outreach methods to grow diverse business participation
- Data gathering and research
- Qualitative review and analysis
- Report of findings and recommendations