San Diego Association of Governments
Equity Action Plan Development
San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG) - Equity Action Plan (EAP) Development
SANDAG sought a consultant to provide independent advice, recommendations, and guidance on the strategy and schedule for development of an Equity Action Plan. SANDAG’s goal was to create an atmosphere where employees and stakeholders could participate in all phases of the development of the Equity Action Plan and where all input was considered.
GCAP developed SANDAG’s overall agency Equity Action Plan (EAP). The goal of the EAP was to outline the organization’s commitment to addressing systemic racism and inequity in all its forms and to establish a meaningful and relevant plan to guide SANDAG as it carries out its functions as an agency.
Development of the Equity Action Plan included:
- Completing an assessment of current equity activities
- Developing & conducting surveying of internal and external stakeholders
- Conducting DEI workshops
- Developing recommendations
- Drafting a complete Equity Action Plan
- Developing performance monitoring plan for evaluating implementation
- UPD Consulting (Subconsultant)