Project Background: The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) received FHWA funds to implement Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Supportive Services (DBE/SS) programs for California. The purpose of these programs is to increase the total number of certified DBE firms active in the federal-aid highway construction industry and contribute to their growth and eventual self-sufficiency.
GCAP’s Role: on four separate occasions, GCAP was selected to develop and implement all aspects of the DBE/SS Program. GCAP was responsible for:
- Developing and managing a Business Development Program (BDP), named DBEAdvantage™, in which DBEs received comprehensive business plan reviews, training, and one-on-one technical assistance tailored to their specific needs.
- Designing, hosting, and maintaining the DBE/SS Program website which featured program information, online applications and evaluation forms.
- Developing MatchAdvantage™, an online bid matching service that provided participants with automatic bid notifications and the ability to search for solicitations with DBE contract goals.
- Identifying, outreaching, and establishing program partnerships with minority business organizations, prime contractors, and public agencies.
- Creating and hosting live and webinar training courses on a variety of business topics.