CALTRANS OVERALL DBE GOAL & METHODOLOGY and WAIVER REQUEST PUBLIC MEETINGS
WHAT IS CALTRANS’ OVERALL DBE GOAL & METHODOLOGY?
- Addresses potential discrimination against DBE firms in the award and administration of Federal Highway Administration-funded projects through the use of race-conscious and race-neutral measures.
- Determines the percentage of contract dollars that DBE firms would be expected to earn absent the effects of discrimination.
- Bases overall DBE goal methodology on results from Caltrans’ 2016 Disparity Study.
WHAT IS A WAIVER?
- Ensures Caltrans’ DBE program is narrowly tailored to overcome the effects of discrimination [49 CFR § 26.1(c)].
- Tell us what you think of our proposed goal! Provide comments, verbally or in writing, about your experiences working or bidding on public highway transportation construction and professional services contracts.
- Help us identify ways to better support small, minority-, and women-owned businesses!
Click HERE for more details.