Project Background: As a result of receiving federal USDOT funds, San Bernardino County Transportation Authority (SBCTA) is required to comply with disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE) program regulations and to enforce prevailing wage regulations on their projects.
GCAP’s Role: GCAP provides comprehensive labor compliance and DBE support services including:
- Conducting pre-proposal/pre-bid/pre-construction meetings.
- Performing monthly certified payroll reviews and quarterly audits.
- Conducting apprenticeship requirement reviews and general compliance oversight.
- Educating SBCTA staff on State and Federal laws related to Prevailing Wages and contract administration to ensure their compliance on a variety of projects.
- Providing Good Faith Effort (GFE) support and analysis.
- Developing SBCTA’s contract specific DBE goals and preparing semi-annual reports of DBE commitments and payments.
- Monitoring contract performance to ensure DBE participation.
- Preparing staff board reports.
- Providing general consultation and training on DBE requirements and strategies.