Project Background: San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG) is currently working on the Mid-Coast Corridor Transit project which will extend the Trolley Blue Line service from the Santa Fe Depot in Downtown San Diego north to the University City community. The project is the first construction manager/general contractor (“CM/GC”) procurement methodology used by SANDAG and is budgeted at approximately $1.7 billion.
GCAP’s Role: GCAP was selected by SANDAG to assist with the development of the solicitation language for the DBE and labor compliance requirements, develop the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)/Small Business (SB) subcontracting plan, provide DBE/SB reporting and oversight, technical assistance, and public outreach for the Mid-Coast project. GCAP responsibilities include:
- Project oversight to ensure compliance with 49 CFR Part 26
- Reviewing all aspects of the DBE/SB plan and any changes throughout the project
- Verify DBE subcontractors meet the Commercially Useful Function requirement
- Evaluate GFE and advise SANDAG with recommendations
- Monitoring DBE/SBE commitment and goal attainment
- Develop comprehensive DBE outreach plan
- Planning, coordinating, and hosting events promoting project and contracting opportunities
- Other DBE compliance matters, including DBE crediting, Uniform report development, and enforcement.