Project Name: Parsons/OCTA – Program Management for I-405 Improvement Project – DBE and Labor Compliance
Project Description: Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) in cooperation with Caltrans is widening 16 miles the San Diego Freeway (I-405) between State Route 73 and Interstate 605.
GCAP’s Role: As a subcontractor to Parsons (the Construction Management firm) GCAP provides a wide range of Labor and DBE compliance support services for the I-405 Improvement Project. Responsibilities include:
- Conducting pre-bid activities, such as preparation of the project/bid contract specifications to ensure that the requisite prevailing wage and DBE provisions are included.
- Providing technical assistance on all labor compliance and DBE requirements.
- Developing procedures for labor compliance and DBE monitoring functions
- Conducting prevailing wage audits and certified payroll review
- Developing a DBE performance plan and monitoring DBE Program compliance
- Confirming DBE participation and payments throughout the life of the project.
- Acting as the liaison (as requested), between OHL/Astaldi, JV and subcontractors to explain regulatory requirements, assist with issue resolution and research state and federal regulatory changes.