Project Name: LAWA – Procurement Process Reengineering
Project Background: With a large amount of capital improvement projects in their future, Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) elected to conduct a procurement process reengineering in order to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of operations and to increase the transparency of the procurement process.
GCAP’s Role: GCAP as a subcontractor on the Third Wave team assisted in the performance a comprehensive business process reengineering for LAWA’s procurement processes and delivered an implementation plan to LAWA’s Steering Committee. Our role included:
- Performing a review of existing procurement procedures, policies, codes, and practices.
- Assisting with workflow sessions to document and validate the existing processes for each type of major procurement.
- Assembling relevant data from reviewing existing documents, workflow meetings, internal policies and procedures, procurement information systems, organization charts, and other documents.
- Conducting business process review sessions and developing “should be” processes.
- Incorporating compliance requirements, best practices, and specific LAWA requirements into new processes.
- Assisting with developing a business improvement plan and identifying potential obstacles in implementing the plan.