Project Name: LA SAFE – Procurement and Administrative Oversight
Project Background: The Los Angeles County Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies (LA SAFE) required a consultant to administer the approved Procurement Policies to provide procurement activities in support of LA SAFE.
GCAP’s Role: GCAP was selected to provide procurement and contract management, fiscal reviews and administrative oversight services for LA SAFE. Our team performed all procurement actions from start to finish, including:
- Developing appropriate procurement packages, advertising, printing distribution, and conducting pre-bid/pre-proposal conferences.
- Preparing and issuing addenda, request for quotes, evaluations, negotiations, contract/purchase order award, amendments, and close-outs.
- Working with project management staff to answer procurement related questions and correct errors and/or inconsistencies.
- Responding to and resolving procurement protests.
- Negotiating change orders and contract amendments.
- Preparing various procurement letters and notices, and developing procurement procedures.
- Maintaining complete files for procurement activities, and assisting in the preparation of Board reports.
- Ensuring compliance with LA SAFE Procurement Policy, directive and all relevant laws, rules and regulations regarding procurement actions.