Project Name: LA Metro – Procurement Process and Staff Assessment
Project Background: Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (LA Metro) sought to conduct a comprehensive staff “needs assessment”, in order to assess the office of procurement staff, organization, and work processes.
GCAP’s Role: GCAP was selected to perform a comprehensive procurement process evaluation and deliver a final report to the Chief Executive Officer. Our responsibilities included:
- Gathering and analyzing relevant data from staff interviews, LA Metro audits, recommendations from prior consultants, internal policies and procedures, financial information systems, organization charts, and management action plans.
- Developing benchmark comparisons with similar agencies.
- Creating comprehensive staff evaluation program to test, evaluate, and measure the relevant education, experience, and knowledge of staff.
- Interviewing all 78 LA Metro contracting and procurement staff and their respective management.
- Assessing the LA Metro purchasing procedures and systems of the 6 LA Metro contracts/procurement departments.
- Recommending a training program to address deficiencies and build on current strengths.
- Clarifying procurement roles and responsibilities and recommending necessary organizational changes.
- Delivering a final report with staff test results and rankings, department-wide assessment, organizational structure changes, and process and staff training recommendations.