Project Background: The Exposition Metro Line Construction Authority was created for the purpose of awarding and overseeing final design and construction contracts for completion of the 15.2-mile, $2.5 billion Exposition Light Rail Line from Downtown Los Angeles to Santa Monica.
GCAP’s Role: Metro Compliance Services (MCS), a joint venture between GCAP and Comprehensive Housing Services, Inc. (CHS) was selected to conduct a compliance audit of the Expo Phase 2 – Construction Careers Policy (CCP) and Project Labor Agreement (PLA). The purpose of the audit was to assess the effectiveness and efficiencies of the local hire and apprentice program oversight measure and compliance with the terms of the CCP and PLA as performed by the prime contractor Skanska-Rados Joint Venture (SRJV) and project subcontractors. The audit encompassed approximately sixty-six subcontractors, as well as sub tier subcontractors. Our responsibilities included:
- Reviewing existing procedures, presentation materials, process charts, handouts, memorandums, and certified payroll files.
- Conducting interviews with key SRJV personnel to gather information about responsibilities, task assignments, and administrative procedures.
- Reviewed the Jobs Coordinator procedures, SRJV’s outreach program, the local union dispatch procedures, the summary database and files, and apprentice program controls.
- Compared certified payroll information with the summary database.
- Evaluated Expo/SRJV’s internal reporting practices during this audit.