Project Name: LA Metro – DBE and SBE Certification Processing
Project Background: Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (LA Metro) required assistance with processing applications for Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and Small Business Enterprise (SBE) certifications.
GCAP’s Role: GCAP was selected to provide LA Metro with the application processing services. Our tasks include:
- Processing, analyzing and evaluating new applications submitted by individual applicants or businesses seeking DBE or SBE certification.
- Processing documentation for changes of status of existing DBE and SBE firms.
- Performing on-site interviews for DBE applicants in Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San Bernardino, Riverside, and San Diego counties.
- Providing technical assistance to certification applicants including assistance understanding application instructions, answering questions, and identifying required supporting documentation.
- Planning, coordinating, and attending Metro sponsored certification workshops.