Free to Attend. Help Us Help You. OK, Sign Me Up!
- Business Plan Development - Webinar
Learn how to finalize your business concepts and develop an effective business plan.
- December 13, 2013 at 9:00 am
- December 13, 2013 at 11:30 am
- How to Read Standard Specification Sheets, Project Plans and RFPs - San Francisco
This class will teach the basic understanding of what is included in specifications, project plans and RFPs.
- December 17, 2013 at 1:00 pm
- December 17, 2013 at 5:00 pm
Caltrans DBE Supportive Services
What are DBE Supportive Services?
DBE Supportive Services are designed to increase highway construction and professional service DBE firm participation in federally funded projects through training, technical assistance, and DBE events. This website provides information about the Program and services available for DBE and potential DBE firms. Check this site often for new information, training sessions and upcoming events.
Are you a certified DBE?
If you are a certified DBE firm, you can take advantage of this free program by registering for a class, accessing training materials, viewing upcoming outreach events, or by completing a Needs Assessment Survey to receive one on one counseling. Once you have completed the Survey, you will have access to subject matter experts that will provide personal technical assistance at no cost. Get started now.
Are you a Potential DBE?
A potential DBE is a for-profit small business concern that is at least 51 percent owned by one or more individuals who are both socially and economically disadvantaged. In the case of a corporation, 51 percent of the stock is owned by one or more such individuals; and, whose management and daily business operations are controlled by one or more of the socially and economically disadvantaged individuals who own it. If you qualify as a DBE firm, but have not yet gone through the certification process, you are eligible to participate in the Program. By completing a Needs Assessment Survey, you can receive free technical assistance, including help completing and submitting your DBE certification application.
What are the goals of the DBE Supportive Services Program?
- Improve the capabilities of DBEs and potential DBEs.
- Achieve proficiency in the practical skills involved in highway construction and professional services contracting.
- Increase DBEs and potential DBEs ability to compete and be successful in the Federal-aid highway program.